Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chewed Up and Spit Out By Christmas Insanity

I have had a week. To say the least.
Isis was sick for Christmas- the few days before through until the present, and she is still snotty and is coughing some. She was pretty lack-luster during a good part of the gift opening. Yours truly got to wrap all of the presents, again- as Daddy thinks that is my job. I guess I should count myself lucky I don't have to wrap the gifts that are from him for me... he manages to do that... I wish he was more into Christmas as I am a Christmas freak. He played online poker while I stayed up all night Christmas Eve and the night before wrapping gifts and intermittently nursing Zeb back to sleep- and not doing the shipping I needed to get done for the shop. For anyone still waiting- forgive me, anything that needs shipping will go out tomorrow, with an extra in each box. I am not that far behind- but that kind of stuff keeps me up at night.
I really got chewed up and spit out by the whole Christmas thing- but I still love it and will never lose my zeal. I have several years of magic left with my kids and Santa and all of the excitement. It is worth every hardship, stress, argument with the DH, (dear husband or dick head, depending on the hour...) worth getting a little behind in the shop- and I will never stop doing everything in my power to make it as special as my mom and grandmother (especially) always did everything they could to make it amazing for me. I truly thank them for making me appreciate the joy of the Christmas holiday and recognize how magical it can be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you haven't let the stress of the Christmas season beat you down too much. It really is a magical time for you as well as for your children. I'm not sure why men are so non-magical at this particular time of the year. It must just be a man-thing, but I think we all have some magic inside of us, especially us women!

    Happy New Year! Best wishes for a fantastic 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments here honest and appropriate. Thank you for reading my blog!