Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Supercard Arrival

Here she is! The box of joy arrived several days earlier than I expected it to.
The first step was to remove all of the giant staples from the box.
Then there was a "pocket" in the cardboard that held the burnishing tool, batt lifter, doffer, fine fiber felting tool, padlock, keys, rove guide and instructions o how to remove a 25 foot roving directly from the drum, and extra fuses.
Another pic...
Then I had to cut down all four corners-C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y.

First view!

The plywood that the carder was secured to for shipping was removed and upcycled to the top of a solid cover for the Strauch's Finest, as I had to relocate it to a place where little fingers could get themselves into trouble. I am keeping the Strauch- for Crazy Isis Art Batts.


A detailed pic of the extras.
In her new home.
What a beauty! It cards fine fibers like bamboo and silk like a dream- and makes a perfect, big, long amazing batts- and it truly is for the perfectionist- which I am. It was worth every penny. All 270,000 of them.

6 comments:

  1. My family had to come over to see what I was looking at. I was drooling WAAAAAY too much. Congrats on the GORGEOUS machine. It's my next dream investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Your fiber art is incredible. I could just sit and enjoy it for hours. Would love for you to write a post and link it to Fiber Arts Fridays at http://www.alpacafarmgirl.com

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... what an intimidating piece of equipment! lol
    i am so interested to see how you use it... i am very interested in spinning my own yarn... just havent found the time yet!

    the hubs says that i gotta get thru some of my unfinished projects before i start something new! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! I just saw one of these in action on HGTV - pretty cool (love the "No Fingers" warning label) - Your spindles are amazing - they're works of art in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! (Is it wrong that the "No Fingers" sign made me laugh?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwee! How cool, how huge, how fun! Awesome new toy!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments here honest and appropriate. Thank you for reading my blog!